Saturday, April 8, 2017

BIG Solo Trip 2016: Bacolod City

It's been a year since my first ever B-I-G (Bacolod-Iloilo-Guimaras) solo trip. Pardon me if this is a late post already. Hahaha. (Lazy bones here, hahaha)

I've been in Bacolod like nth time. It's just an hour away from La Carlota City, my mother's hometown. Last 2016, I went there for Holy week vacation. It's also an anticipated trip because it was my first solo trip, (and of course, my mother didn't know, haha).

I miss my long hair :(


A week after Easter, I went to Bacolod for a day tour. I wrote down some tourist spot within the city. It was my first time to go there alone because my tito and my cousins won't allow me to stroll anywhere alone (oh yes, they're more strict than my parents, whew! hahaha)

I went first in Bacolod City Plaza :) When I was a little, my Tito and I went there to watch Masskara Festival every October. 






Just across the plaza, the San Sebastian Cathedral :)









Then I walked going to Capitol when I passed by the Negros Museum. So I tried to look what's inside. Paid P100 for entrance.









It's a replica train they used to gather all the harvested sugarcane.





I am not really a museum fan, I found it very boring. (oppps sorrryy) But I was amazed when I saw in the museum. I felt like I traveled back in time before technology innovates us.










Biggest Kawa (Wok) I've ever seen, hahaha!




Nostalgic.
Then, I went to Capitol Park where obviously located the Negros Occidental Capitol.



Man made fish pond.





I strolled around the area and I asked traffic enforcer how to I get to Robinsons, where the Calea Patries located. Calea is one famous pastries shop in the city. Must try :)






Cheesecake with strawberry jam :)

One of my favorite! Chicken Inasal! The best chicken inasal in town is located at Manokan Country, beside SM City Bacolod :)





In this place, there's like more than 10 chicken inasal stall here but my personal favorite is Aida's Chicken. I think they have branch already in Glorietta in Makati. What I really like about Aida's aside from the mouth watering chicken inasal is the Masskara Themed decoration inside the eatery :)




of course, The SM. hahaha
Across the SM City Bacolod, the St. John Paul II tower. I didn't go inside because when I went there, it's under renovation.




My first day of my B-I-G solo trip was amazing. Stay tuned for my Iloilo Solo trip :)

Expenses:
Date of travel: March 28, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment