Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Negros Oriental 2015: Dumaguete

Dumaguete is among the "world's best places to retire" according to Forbes last 2014 and tagged also for "Gentle People" :) Definitely true!!! 




When we arrived from Siquijor, we went to Rizal Boulevard, few meters away from the seaport :)




Sisters of St. Paul of Chartes Monument. One of city's famous landmark.













We tried also the well known fried ice cream :)




Ube and pandan flavored fried ice cream :)

Then we passed by in Silliman University gate :) Since Yeng's flight was that day (March 13), we need to go back to hotel and prepare his things, then proceed to airport. huhu..





I rested for awhile in hotel and washed up. Then late afternoon, I went to Silliman University.

























I just noticed that the school has many century-old trees :) Good for photography :)







It's Friday when I went to campus so there's a lot of students around :)























I went back to Rizal Boulevard after Silliman. One of locals told me that every Friday, this is the scene along the boulevard. Cool!!

















I bought some squidballs and fishball and sat in the bench :) After 2 hours, I decided to have a dinner in Moon Cafe :)









I went back to hotel and rest :) Next morning, I continue to stroll around the city before going home :)



yummy breakfast in Hotel Essencia :)






I walked from hotel going to Quezon Park :)






Just across Quezon Park, the Dumaguete Cathedral is located :)





















I went inside the Cathedral of St. Catherine of Alexandra :)








Stunning structure :)










Beside the Cathedral, The Belfry tower is located :)







I passed by in Dumaguete Public Market :)



Walked and went back to Rizal Boulevard :)



One of century old trees along the Rizal Boulevard :)











In front of SPC Monument, the famous Sans Rival Bistro and Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries :)








Awarded by Tripadvisor :) clap clap :)
Interior of Sans Rival :)






Went back to hotel, rested and washed up :) Here are some pictures of Hotel Essencia's facilities :) And by the way, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel. :) If you want to stay in Dumaguete, choose Hotel Essencia :)



Cafe :)


Reception :)


Huddle area :)


View on 5th floor :)







Unique room design :) The restroom has a glass and you can see the bed :)







EXPENSES in Dumaguete:


APO ISLAND-SIQUIJOR-DUMAGUETE BREAKDOWN OF EXPENSES:





Date of Travel: March 13-14, 2015

Travel Buddy: Yeng (BossLove)

11 comments:

  1. i loved your article and those pictures.. so maganda


    Blaber Blogger
    http://www.blaberblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just miss my place.. specially that tempurahan in the boulevard. Thanks for this wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks you! Dumaguete is beautiful place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, how can we go to Sans Rival Bistro when we arrive in Dumaguete already? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sans Rival Bistro is located along Rizal Boulevard :) you can hail a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off in Bistro. Dumaguete is small and you canwalk around the city like what I did :) Enjoy :)

      Delete
  5. Great blog. I enjoyed reading this because you were able to post too many pictures and post short descriptions on each. Plus, you provided a list of your expenses which is good for budget travelers like me. I have never been to Dumaguete and it might be included to one of my to-go list. I'd like to know if there are a lot of beach resorts in Dumaguete though? And perhaps, to cut the budget, it is better to rent a motorcycle. I saw that there are habal habals that can tour you around or you can rent and drive a motorcycle for just 500 a day. This might be helpful for those who love to ride a motorcycle or scooter. :) I saw it at this website: book2wheel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! Yes, my blog is more of like photo travel blog. I love taking pictures and post here and document.

      As far as I know there's some beach resort in northern part of the province. I planned to go to Manjuyod sandbar. I just went to Apo Island. I believe you can rent motorcycle or take habal habal for your tour to cut your budget.

      Enjoy your trip!

      Delete
    2. Hi! Thank you! Yes, my blog is more of like photo travel blog. I love taking pictures and post here and document.

      As far as I know there's some beach resort in northern part of the province. I planned to go to Manjuyod sandbar. I just went to Apo Island. I believe you can rent motorcycle or take habal habal for your tour to cut your budget.

      Enjoy your trip!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ms. Bujoy :) ask ko lang po pano kayo nakahanap nung sa Apo Island tour nyo. Thanks!
    Btw, you have a nice and helpful travel blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yana :) We did not avail our Apo Island tour. We just went to Malatapay, Zamboaguita from Dumaguete and there's boat rental station at the end of market road :)

    Thank you so much :) if you have more questions, dont hesitate to ask :)

    ReplyDelete